Despite recent advances, the international shipping industry has a long way to go in terms of fully leveraging the potential of new technologies. Innovation in this sector is crucial to helping the UK to overcome the technical challenges posed by Brexit, but also to its ambition of establishing itself as an open, forward-thinking international trading partner.
This free report, published by venture fund and think-tank PUBLIC, and co-authored by Thetius founder Nick Chubb with Startup Wharf Founder Leonardo Zangrando examines the opportunity innovation offers within the sector.
- Segments the current international trade process into six sections, and highlights where technology can make a significant contribution
- Features the 65 leading trade technology startups from around the world
- Showcases how the growing venture market in the UK will be worth as much as £5.1b to new startups in 2030
- Gives recommendations for government, startups and commercial incumbents on how they can collaborate to foster greater innovation
- Outlines how greater innovation in this sector could potentially be supported by piloting the UK’s first free port
Get your free copy of Frictionless Trade