Thetius Research Services Agreement
These are the terms of business for Antares Digital Ltd, trading as Thetius, registered in the United Kingdom, with its principal business address at Kemp House, City Road, London, EC1V 2NX (“Thetius”). These terms of business apply uniformly to all clients engaging with Thetius for research services (“Client”). By entering into a service agreement, Client acknowledges and agrees to be bound by the stipulations outlined herein.
- Scope of Service – Thetius shall conduct research as specified by the Client. Research commissions will encompass thought leadership, published in collaboration with the Client, and private research for the Client’s internal usage.
- Payment, Deposits and Cancellation– All money paid in advance serves as a non-refundable deposit. In the event of a cancellation by the Client after the agreement is signed, the entire agreed fee becomes due immediately.
- Deliverables & Scheduling – Deliverables are defined as per the statement of work and are not subject to alteration without extra costs. Research campaigns are assigned to a specific timeframe and cannot be shifted unless both parties provide written consent under rare circumstances, possibly leading to extra charges. Campaigns do not roll over year-to-year.
- Client Input & Collaboration – A schedule detailing Client input requirements will be provided as part of the statement of work. Client agrees to supply these inputs within the agreed period. A kickoff meeting will outline key deliverables and dates, which are to be adhered to.
- Confidentiality – Both parties commit to upholding the confidentiality of shared information, barring any legal obligations.
- Intellectual Property & Licensing – All content and findings, whether from private research or thought leadership, are the exclusive property of Thetius. Upon full payment, Thetius grants the Client a worldwide, irrevocable licence to utilise and reproduce the research. However, only thought leadership can be distributed. Private research is solely for internal use by the Client. For all research types, Thetius retains comprehensive editorial control. In any instance where the research is used or referenced, full and clear credit must be attributed to Thetius.
- Scope of Service – Thetius provides ongoing research subscriptions through Thetius IQ. This includes access to a wide range of research materials, reports, and data on emerging maritime technology.
- Subscription Fees & Payment Terms – Fees are payable annually. All fees are due upfront and are fully refundable if the subscription is cancelled in the first 30 days, otherwise they are non-refundable. Payment terms are net 14 days unless agreed otherwise. Late payments will attract a 5% late fee every 30 days.
- Access & Usage – Subscribers will have access to Thetius IQ for the duration of their subscription. This access is non-transferable and is for the Client’s internal use only.
- Renewal & Cancellation – Subscriptions auto-renew at the end of each term. Clients may cancel their subscription with 30 days’ notice prior to the renewal date. Any cancellation requests received after this period will result in the subscription being renewed for the next term. Subscription pricing escalates by 5% annually.
- Confidentiality – All research content and subscriber interactions within Thetius IQ are confidential and must not be shared outside the Client’s organisation without prior written consent from Thetius.
- Intellectual Property – Thetius retains ownership and copyright of all research materials provided. Subscribers are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the materials for internal purposes.
- Scope of Service – The Leaders’ Forum is a private network providing exclusive insights, peer-to-peer interaction, and networking opportunities for senior decision-makers in the maritime industry.
- Fees & access – Members will have access to exclusive events, forums, and content. Membership is individual and non-transferable. Membership is free for employees of a ship owner, ship manager, port, terminal, or charterer. Members who join from a technology supplier will be required to pay a partnership fee to gain access. Fees are annual and non-refundable. The number of technology suppliers who can join at any one time is capped.
- Renewal – Membership automatically renews each year. Cancellation requests must be submitted 30 days before the renewal date.
- Confidentiality – Members agree to maintain confidentiality of all discussions and materials shared within the Leaders’ Forum. Leaders’ Forum meetings and events are conducted under Chatham House rules.
- Intellectual Property – Thetius retains ownership of all materials and content provided. Members are granted a licence for personal, non-commercial use.
- Forum Conduct – Members are expected to maintain professional conduct and respect confidentiality agreements.
- Payment terms – Payment terms are net 14 days unless previously agreed. Unsettled amounts within 30 days from the invoice date will accrue a 5% late fee every subsequent 30 days.
- Amendments & Updates – Thetius reserves the right to change and update the terms of business occasionally. Any modifications will be communicated to the Client, and continued business post-notification indicates acceptance of these changes.
- Dispute Resolution – Parties prioritise mediation for dispute resolution. All legal actions shall be undertaken under the legal system of England and Wales.
- Force Majeure – Neither party holds liability for delays or non-performance resulting from uncontrollable events.