This 30-page report, published in partnership with Inmarsat explores the role technology can play in improving the welfare of the 1.6 million men and women who work at sea.
This groundbreaking report includes:
- A breakdown of the role that data and analytics can play in preventing critical safety incidents on board.
- An in depth look into seafarer mental, social, and physical health and what technologies exist to improve them.
- An overview of the barriers to professional development at sea, and some of the startups working to overcome them.
- An overview of the welfare technology market, including funding and investments into human factors startups.
- Recommendations on how technology can be used to improve overall welfare at sea.