It is likely that for many picking up this report, regulation, ship-to-shore connectivity, future fuels, artificial intelligence, decarbonisation, vessel performance optimisation, big data, are just some of the buzzwords that flash to mind when thinking about the next decade of shipping.
From 23 different types of technologies and their application across 36 different areas of ship operations, and various industry stakeholder interviews, Thetius data and technology analysts have found the top technologies being supplied and purchased across the industry to be:
- Data and analytics
- Alternative power sources
- Software platforms
- Artificial intelligence
- Data management
Ship Operations technology market map 2022/23
- Detailing 50 leading technology suppliers, 110 leading technology buyers, and 31 leading enabler organisations.
One, three and ten year outlooks on the state of ship operations and management technology in the industry:
- Advances in IT and Communications Technology
- A key focus on vessel performance optimistion
- Growing partnerships and collaborations
- Greater inclusion of data scientists
- Continued R&D in alternative power sources
- Growth in human-computer interactions
- Increased platform integration
- Growth in alternative power infrustructure
- Green corridors in full swing
This report is available to all Thetius IQ subscribers and can be purchased as a one off report for £2950. Want to learn more? Download a sample report using the form below.